Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Banana Orphans

In light of the fact that we haven't exactly...updated....in a while, here are some random thoughts for padding!  You won't find nuggets of truth this truthful (truthy?) anywhere else folks.

Whole Foods is turning me into a heartless monster.  Breaking up a bunch of bananas feels about as bad as separating a family, but what choice do I have?  Stop stocking up on pea-green bananas please, and I won't have to pick through for the needle in a haystack yellow ones.  I abhor the folks who pick all the meat out of the soup containers, but I'm not magnanimous enough to take one for the team in this case.

A Sherlock Holmes movie should not feel like a sequel to Roadhouse.  I recently re-watched the 2009 film, after forming absolutely no opinion on it the first time.  I think my initial apathy resulted from being mildly pleased that Watson wasn't portrayed as a bumbling fool, and thus ignoring the myriad faults that fill the rest of the running time.  I mean really, when your first scene involves the pair choking out a thug with all the realism of a WWE match and proceeding to kung-fu fight a horde of bad guys, you clearly weren't out to make a Sherlock Holmes movie.  Even if you can forgive the traditionally explosive opening scene, the need to make Holmes into a UFC fighter for the young male demographic is pervasive.  Boooooooo.  That concludes my insightful critique.

If you read my last post (and let's be honest, you didn't), you may recall I was planning on applying for graduate school.  Well, mission accomplished!  Sort of.  I'm going for a non-matriculated admission at UW, meaning they should rubber-stamp me in.  I did take the GRE of course, and will probably apply for REAL studentship the following year with a new recommendation or two.  In the meantime, though, I can be a bum until at least 2014, and that's a conservative estimate.  Hooray for status quo!

No comments:

Post a Comment